Friday, April 12, 2013

It is what it is.


This week has been especially hard on me. My mom passed away over 2 and a half years ago. I find myself thinking more and more about her the closer it gets to Sunday, her birthday. She would be 49. Not only is April her birth month, but April alone says "mom" to me. When I think of April I see flowers and bright happy colors. I think of the rotation of rain and sun and rain and sun all month long. My mom was incredibly beautiful, just like the flowers we see in spring. She had a colorful-bright-"giggly"-happy personality, all things that bright colors like yellow, pink, and green say to me. And just like the weather in April, she would have days of tears and days of happiness.

(I always have a hard time titling my posts.. But especially this one. My post really doesn't have a meaning or story or beginning or end... it just is what it is.)




No comments:

Post a Comment