Friday, December 20, 2013

Holiday blues

My grandpa got really sick last year. His health had been declining for awhile, however, a week before Thanksgiving is when it really hit me that he wasn't going to be around forever. He was laying in bed when I had come over to visit on this particular day. I crawled up on the bed and laid down next to him. I cried as I told him that he wasn't supposed to get sick because I needed him very much. He wasn't talking too much because he really didn't feel well, but he did respond to my tears by saying "It's going to be okay Mellisa."

My grandpa was a huge part of my life. He and my grandma are basically dad and mom to me. While I know that it was grandpa's time to go - and that he is no longer in pain  - I've had a hard time holding it together this past month. Everything about the holidays remind me of my grandpa. I just wish he were here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment